Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Wonderful World of Sports.

So yesterday was supposed to be the greatest day in sports history. Atleast in my own life. Unfortunately mother nature had other plans so it was then supposed to be the greatest two days in sports history. Again, the universe had other plans. Only half my dreams came true. As everyone knows, my totally dominate Carolina Tarheels racked up another National Championship, and in overly impressive fashion. That in and of itself would be great news. But the cherry on top of the night was the fact that Carolina's victory placed me 2nd in my March Madness Pool and allows me to collect a serious payout. Baller.

**PS..if they can find some guard play, UNC will be back in the Final Four next year. Even w/o Hansborough, Ellington, Lawson, Green, and (dont forget) Frasor, they are a borderline Elite 8 team. That young front court (Thompson, Davis, Zeller, and incoming recruits) will be dominate.

And then there's the Royals....
My seasonal love affair/fling with the Royals was set to begin on Monday. I was prepared to miss class and everything to watch Opening Day. Then it decided to snow in April in Chicago. Awesome. So it got postponed until today. So i rushed home from class, made me a hot dog on the grill, ate some Classic Lays, and savored some David's Sunflower seeds and watched the beautiful drama that is the Kansas City Royals. All game it looked like a much improved team offensively and an just an overall more mature, professional ball club. Then comes Gas Can, er Kyle, Farnsworth in to blow everything for me. Gil Meche's 7 innings of stellar pitching, gone. My boy Alex Gordon's 2nd pitch bomb to center field, gone. Everything, gone thanks to some tatted up freak-show who I hope gets pushed back into middle belief where he belongs. Anyways, its just one game in a long season. Blah blah blah. This year is different though, yada yada yada. Truth is, this very well could be there year and knowing my luck it prolly will be. The Royals will once again be a legitimate contender the summer that I decide to pack up and book it across the Pond to Africa. Oh well, so it goes.
**PS #2.......the Royals offensive approach honest to goodness did look much approved. I don't recall seeing that many full counts by Royals batters all last year. This is good news.


boy in blue,
-j.

No comments: